The Royal College of Physicians is seeking to appoint a clinical fellow to lead work aimed at improving the quality of care for young adults and adolescents during transition from paediatric to adult services. The Wolfson Clinical Fellow will work with the RCPs Future Hospital team to review the current state of transition services within the physician specialties and promote cases of good practice.
The fellow will report to the RCP Future Hospital Board and work closely with the RCP young adults and adolescent steering group. The post holder will be expected to develop good working relationships with a variety of external stakeholders, including young people, their families, and carers.
The fellow will be a practising clinician, experienced in the field of young adults’ and adolescents’ healthcare and possessing the necessary skills to lead the project, with appropriate project support. Depending on the grade of the appointee, the fellow will be required to give 1 or 2 PAs per week to the project.
• A practising clinician
• Consultant (physician, paediatrician) or senior nurse
• Unblemished record with the General Medical Council/Nursing and Midwifery Council
• Evidence of continued professional development relevant to this post
• Management qualification desirable
• Relevant professional position e.g. MRCP, FRCP, FRCPCH
Experience and skills
• Currently in clinical practice in a related field.
• Understanding of the NHS, healthcare management structures and systems.
• Experience of management and delivery of quality/service improvement projects.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Working with others to build and maintain relationships; successful initiation and facilitation of multi-professional strategic partnership working and alliances.
• Experience of drafting reports and papers for submission to peer reviewed academic journals
• Experience of working with and involving patients to improve the quality of services
For the full role description, please visit www.rcplondon.ac.uk/update/wolfson-clinical-fellow-%E2%80%93-young-adults-and-adolescents-project. For further discussion regarding the role, please contact email@example.com.
Sarah Campbell | Future Hospital Programme Manager
Clinical Standards | Royal College of Physicians
11 St Andrews Place | Regent’s Park | London NW1 4LE