Dear YPHSIG members,
we invite you to help the RCPCH by commenting on the proposal to review the clinical guideline, when to suspect child maltreatment. This is an opportunity for paediatricians to comment on any aspects of the proposal that raise concern, and for NICE to consider and act upon the comments received. This is the only chance to input on the proposal before it is decided whether the guidance will be updated. It is essential that paediatricians do indeed comment.
Please review the attached draft review proposal. Should you have comments, please record them on the attached form and return to us on firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 27th July 2012. Our deadline is set before that of the guideline developer to allow time to consider all comments received and to draft an official response with review from the RCPCH Clinical Standards Committee. Responses received after this deadline will not be included in the RCPCH response to this consultation.
Information on this consultation has been sent to the following individuals and groups:
· RCPCH Consultation Panel members with an interest in child protection, community child health or general paediatrics
· British Association for Community Child Health
· British Association of General Paediatrics
· British Society for Paediatric and Adolescent Rheumatology
· Child Protection Special Interest Group
· Child Protection Standing Committee
· Community Child Health CSAC
· General Paediatrics CSAC
· George Still Forum - National Paediatric ADHD Network Group
· Young People's Health Special Interest Group
If you have any questions please contact the Clinical Standards team. We thank you in advance for your help.
For a full list of current consultations, please go to www.rcpch.ac.uk/consultations.
Dr Jan Dudley
Clinical Standards Committee Chair, RCPCH